Who: physicians, optometrists, physical therapists, occupational therapists, speech therapists and athletic trainers
When: January 22-23, 2016
Where: Banner Concussion Center, Phoenix, Arizona OR live stream on your own device!
- Understand the physician perspective on evaluation and treatment of concussion versus post-concussion syndrome
- Identify and understand the role of the physician in medication management of post-concussion syndrome including neuropsychiatric symptoms, physical symptoms, cognitive symptoms and sleep disturbance
- Define the role of neuro-optometry in the multi-disciplinary approach to concussion management
- Recognize visual deficits related to concussion and demonstrate appropriate treatment strategies for functional visual retraining
- Discuss evidence based practices on return to play progression models from and athletic trainer’s perspective
- Utilize evidence based practice on the evaluation and treatment of vestibular disorders related to mTBI
- Understand the use of audiology and when to utilize this service from both a physician and therapist perspective
- Identify and demonstrate appropriate treatment strategies for dizziness and balance deficits related to mTBI
- Define how education is defining best practices for cognitive rest, academic accommodations and return to learn after concussion
- Define the role of nutritional assessment and management with mTBI
Continuing education units for all therapy disciplines currently under review.