Who: PTs, PTs, OTs, COTAs, other rehabilitation professionals
What: Taking Balance to the Limits. Speaker: Janene Barber, PT, GTC. From Great Seminars and Books
When and Where: May 19-20, 2018 in Amarillo, Tx; August 11-12, 2018 in Greenville, SC; October 20-21, 2018 in Lexington, KY and November 3-4, 2018 in Wynnewood, PA (Philly area)
Why: Objectives: By the end of the course, the learner will be able to:
- Analyze the impact of falls on the senior population and identify the primary causes.
- Recognize the peripheral and central vestibular system function and anatomical structures.
- Thoroughly evaluate the Vestibulo/Ocular system and how it affects elderly with balance dysfunctions.
- Identify causes of central and peripheral dizziness, recognize the different mechanisms of recovery and how to impact them with therapeutic intervention
- Perform treatment interventions based on an understanding of BPPV (Benign Paroxysmal Positional Vertigo) for the geriatric population.
- Demonstrate a comprehensive evaluation and treatment approach for postural control by understanding sensory and motor integration.
- Create innovative treatment strategies that will effectively address postural control issues in the geriatric patient.
- Compare functional tools for gait and balance disorders to achieve the desired outcomes.
- Perform evaluations on patients with compromised somatosensory systems and apply appropriate treatment strategies with Anodyne Therapy and sensory integration training.
- Plan an effective rehabilitation program, set measurable goals and use appropriate documentation for patients with balance impairments.
How: $470 which isn’t that bad for a 2 day course covering that much! Click here to sign up or get more information.