Who: MD/DO, OT, OTA, PT, PTA, Athletic Trainer. Hosted by the ShirleyRyan Ability Lab (formeraly Rehab Institute of Chicago)
What: Concussion: Evaluation and Management, from Work to Working Out (A Live Online Series)
When: Starts July 18 and continues each Wednesday for 9 consecutive weeks until September 5.
Where: Your couch in your pajamas, your office over lunch, your local coffee shop…. wherever is good for you!
Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to
- Identify concepts related to clinical management of patient’s with concussion
- Formulate a patient history and objective examination for a patient with a sports concussion, as well as how that differs from the individual with generalized concussion
- Summarize the elements of a comprehensive medical evaluation of concussion
- Identify preventative and novel research strategies for concussion; how that relates to sport and work tasks
- Implement evaluation and treatment techniques in concussion using a case based approach
- Integrate a systems based approach to management of concussion
This is an online course, which I tend to not go for, BUT it’s hard to say no to one put on by the ShirleyRyan Ability Lab. Plus this one can be attended live OR you watch recorded sessions on-demand whenever you can. And then key to making me consider taking this course is that there is also a group discussion forum to discuss not only what is learned in class, but also to discuss application of presented cases and bring our own cases to the table with the course teachers and other classmates! Which totally makes up for the online format, in my opinion.
How: Early bird price of $450 until May 30, then $500 there after! Counts for 18 hours CCU credit. No CME credit offered at this time. To sign up or get more information, click here!